As a business, you want to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to get in touch with you. One way to do this is by using Google Ads call extensions. With click-to-call functionality, you can make it easy for people to call you directly from your ads. In this article, we'll explain what call extensions are, how they work, and how you can set them up to maximise your revenue.
Google Ads call extensions are a feature that allows you to add clickable phone numbers to your search ads. This means that when someone searches for a product or service related to your business, they can click on your ad and call you directly from their mobile device. Call extensions can also be used to add call-to-action buttons to your ads, making it even easier for people to get in touch with you.
Call extensions are especially useful for businesses that rely on phone calls for leads and sales. By making it easy for people to call you directly from your ads, you can increase your clickthrough rates and your conversion rates. And because you only pay for clicks on your ads, you can be sure that you're getting the most out of your advertising budget.
Call extensions work by adding a clickable phone number to your search ads. When someone clicks on the phone number, their phone will automatically start calling your number. This means that they can call you directly from the ad without having to search for your phone number or visit your website.
In addition to clickable phone numbers, call extensions can also be used to add call-to-action buttons to your ads. These buttons can be customised to say things like "Call Now" or "Get a Quote." When someone clicks on the button, their phone will again automatically start calling your number.
Call extensions can appear in a variety of places on the search results page, depending on the device and the user's search settings. On mobile devices, call extensions can appear in the headline of your ad, in the ad description, or in the ad extensions area. On desktop devices, call extensions typically appear in the ad extensions area.
Setting up call extensions in Google Ads is a straightforward process. You can add call extensions at the account, campaign, or ad group level, depending on how granular you want your targeting to be. Here's how to set up call extensions in Google Ads:
1. Sign in to your Google Ads account
2. Click on the "Ads & extensions" tab
3. Click on the "Extensions" tab
4. Click on the "Call extensions" option
5. Click on the blue plus button to create a new call extension
6. Enter your phone number and any other details you want to include, such as a call-to-action button
7. Save your new call extension
You can also use existing call extensions if you have them set up in your account. To use an existing call extension, simply select it from the list of available extensions when creating a new ad.
One of the key benefits of call extensions is the ability to track calls and optimise your ads for better performance. Google Ads provides call reporting that allows you to see how many calls your ads are generating, how long the calls last, and what the outcome of each call is. You can also set up conversion tracking to see how many calls are resulting in actual sales or leads.
To optimise your call extensions for better performance, you can use bid adjustments to increase or decrease your bids based on how well your ads are performing. You can also use automated call extensions, which allow Google to automatically add call extensions to your ads based on the content of your website.
In addition to call extensions, Google Ads also offers call-only campaigns. Call-only campaigns are designed specifically for businesses that want to drive phone calls rather than website visits. These campaigns include ads that only display a phone number and a call-to-action button, making it easy for people to call you directly from the ad.
While call-only campaigns can be effective for certain businesses, call extensions offer more flexibility and can be used in conjunction with other types of ads. By adding call extensions to your search ads, you can capture leads from people who are interested in your products or services, whether they want to call you directly or visit your website.
To maximise your revenue from call extension ads, you need to make sure that your ads are designed to drive calls. Here are some tips for designing ads that encourage people to call you:
1. Use language that encourages calls. Include phrases like "Call Now" or "Get a Free Quote" to encourage people to pick up the phone.
2. Avoid casting too wide of a net. Make sure that your ads are targeted to the right audience, so that you're not wasting money on clicks from people who aren't interested in your products or services.
3. Use landing pages that are optimised for mobile devices. If people are clicking on your ads from their mobile devices, they're more likely to call you if your landing page is easy to navigate and optimised for mobile.
4. Focus on user experience. Make sure that your ads and landing pages are easy to use and provide a seamless experience for users. This will help to build trust and encourage people to call you.
5. Automate your paid search bidding. Use automation tools like Google Smart Bidding to optimise your bids based on your target CPA or ROAS. Machine learning algorithms can help you to get the most out of your advertising budget and drive more calls to your business.
6. Use call tracking to measure conversions. By tracking your calls and measuring your return on ad spend (ROAS), you can make data-driven decisions about how to optimise your ads for better performance.
7. Analyse your customer journey. Look at the entire customer journey, from the first click on your ad to the final sale or lead. By understanding the customer journey, you can identify areas where you can improve your ads and landing pages to drive more calls to your business.
Google Ads call extensions are a powerful tool for businesses that want to drive phone calls and increase their revenue. By adding clickable phone numbers and call-to-action buttons to your search ads, you can make it easy for people to call you directly from their mobile devices. With call reporting and optimisation tools, you can track your calls and optimise your ads for better performance. And by following the tips in this article, you can design ads that encourage people to call you and maximise your revenue from call extension ads.